2019 Education Opportunities for Professionals Who Support Quality and Safety Initiatives in Primary Care Settings
A Special Message for Professionals Who Support Quality and Safety Initiatives in Primary Care Settings
There are a number of challenges that impact quality and safety improvement efforts within primary care settings:
- How we address social determinants of health
- How we promote everyday improvement in our local practices
- How we engage frontline staff in quality and safety initiatives
- How we promote a culture of safety
- How we create reliable systems to prevent delayed or missed diagnosis
- How we are working with those affected by the opioid crisis
- How we lead changes in our local practices
- How we standardize care across multidisciplinary teams
- How we work as part of accountable care organizations
- How we provide care in alternative care settings
- How we not only support, but help define, broader quality and safety initiatives
The 2019 Healthcare Quality and Safety conference offers state-of-the-art approaches to these challenges.
We invite you to join us for this exciting and timely program and look forward to meeting you.
David W. Bates, MD, MSc
Chief, Division of General Internal Medicine and Primary Care, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
Medical Director, Clinical and Quality Analysis, Partners HealthCare System, Inc.
Professor of Medicine, Harvard Medical School
Professor of Health Policy and Management, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health